Watch the video here to see the installation of a cellular keypad. You must use the power adapter that comes with the cellular keypad. Do not try to power the pad using the gate motor or the board inside the gate motor. If you do not use adapter provided, you will immediately void your warranty. This is a requirement! Not using the adapter we provide can easily burn up the board inside the keypad itself.
REQUIRED – You must notify SpiderDoor 24 hours in advance of installation. If you do not notify in advance, you will not be able to have your pad functional the same day of installation. New owner must have the connection between Spiderdoor and their management software prior to installing. Click the “Request Install” button if you haven’t already done so and complete information.
Spider support hours: 8am – 5pm M-F
Email Support@Spiderdoor.com (205) 821-6000Instruction Manual S23c
Inputs Inside Keypad (2) – Coming soon
Managers App (3) – This app will show you how you can easily access your gates remotely.
Coming Soon (4) – Coming Soon
Repowering A Cellular Keypad (5) – This video shows how to successfully re-power your Cellular Keypad. This is sometimes needed when we are trying to troubleshoot any issues that may be occurring. This should always be the first thing you try if you see anything strange occurring with the keypad.
Keys On The Keypad Seem To Be Failing (6) – If you feel that your punch keys may be failing from time to time, please check to make sure your punch pad cable is seated nice and snug. This video will show you how to do that.
GPS Location Of The Keypad (7)
If your location purchased the Tenant App, the OPEN GATE feature for the tenants will not work until this is completed and returned to SpiderDoor customer service. We will then plug the coordinates in for your keypad and it will only allow tenants to open your gate if they are within 200′ of your keypad. This keeps tenants from opening gate from just anywhere. Managers app allows managers and owners to open gates from anywhere in the world.Download The GPS App
PCB Chip Serial Number (8)
This is what we call a “Thing Name”. It is the serial number for the cellular chip that is located on the PCB board inside the keypad. If you experience issues with a keypad in the future, our support team may ask you for this number.
Enclosure Serial Number (9)
Specs – Keypads & Pedestals (10)
Click here to view all specs for keypads and pedestals. Dimensions for keypads show here as well.
Booster Antennae For Cell Keypad (11)
Booster antennae’s are not currently available for S44h keypads. Coming soon.
Keypad dimensions below
Trouble Shooting A Cellular Keypad
- A. The first thing to do anytime you have an issue is to power-cycle the keypad by disconnecting the power for 45 seconds and then plugging it back in. This can be done by simply unplugging the power supply for that keypad from the base plug it is plugged in to. If you have to do this often, please call our office as you shouldn’t have to do this. We can check to make sure nothing else is occurring.
- B. Make sure the keypad has electricity to it. You will be able to look at the keys on the punch pad. If the keys are lit up, then that indicates it has power.
- C. Make sure the cyan/blue light is pulsating.
- D. Double check the voltage coming to the keypad if you did not use the adapter that was shipped with the keypad. The keypad must have between 12vDC – 24vDC. Anything below that or above that will make the keypad mis-function.
- E. The lights can still show up and the pad will look as though it has power but if it doesn’t have 12volts or is higher than 24volts, the PCB board will not function. Again the lights may still be lit but the voltage must be correct. This usually occurs when an installer ties the keypad directly into the gate motor instead of using the adapter provided with the pad.
- F. If the beeping sound stops, please call our office or email us to report that.